IONS L0 anniversary of ( L0 Th Anniversary Of IONS)
The ceremony started on November 13, 2018, 10th anniversary of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium-IONS at the Lulu International Conference Center, Kochi, by the Naval Chief.
- IONS is an extremely important regional maritime security initiative launched by India in February 2008, which initiates an increase in information flow among naval professionals.
- ‘Special cover’ was released on this occasion.
- The special cover of the 10th anniversary celebration of IONS is a map of the coastal Indian Ocean and Indian Ocean region, which reflects the geographical political importance of the region. There is a portrayal of a boat that shows the importance of ancient trade routes used by neighboring neighbors and socio-cultural contacts in the region.
- Member countries are an integral part of national flag cover and it supports maritime safety, harmony and interests similar to development in the area.
- Senior representatives from Bangladesh, Iran, Japan, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Netherlands, South Africa and United Arab Emirates Navy and 16 other IONS member countries are participating in the IONS anniversary celebrations.
The first bilateral naval exercise ‘ Sea power’ was launched between India and Indonesia on November 12, 2018 . This exercise will last till 18 November.
- This exercise is being organized in Java Sagar.
- INS Rana , the warship ‘Indian Navy ‘ is participating in this exercise.
- The purpose of this shared exercise between India and Indonesia is to promote mutual relations between the two countries, strengthen maritime cooperation and adopt the best practices of each other.
- After the Indo-Indo Corpat started in the year 2002 between India and Indonesia, this bilateral naval exercise is an important step in relation between the two countries’ naval operations.
- This shared practice will start a new round of naval cooperation between India and Indonesia.
In order to deal with insurgency under the auspices of the United Nations, joint military practice between India and Russia will be started on November 18, 2018 in the Babina Field Firing Range, located in Babina Cantonment (Jhansi).
- In this exercise, the fifth battalion of the Russian Federation and India’s Infantry Battalion will participate. This practice will last for 11 days.
- Military practice is to increase the capacity of the two countries by the United Nations under the auspices so that cooperation in the field of peacekeeping and joint strategies increases.
- The subject of military exercises is important contemporary military and security issues for the two countries.
Uttar Pradesh cabinet has approved the proposal to rename the district of Faizabad.
- Faizabad district will now be known as Ayodhya
- Along with the district, the name of the entire Faizabad division has been changed to Ayodhya. Ayodhya Mandal includes Ayodhya, Ambedkar Nagar, Barabanki, Sultanpur and Amethi districts.